Wednesday, August 19, 2015

WaxItUpCandlez on Etsy! Interview :)

 
Name: Stefanie Mortensen
 
Location: Waldorf Maryland
 
Age:38
 
Name of shop: Wax It Up Candles
 
How'd you come up with the name of your shop: I came up with the name as it goes with my business as I make candles and it fit perfectly.  We get to play and melt wax and using Wax It Up Candles just stuck.
 
How long has your shop been open: It will be a year in November
 
What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: Friends of mine told me to venture out of my comfort zone and try it since and it would bring me more business and within 2 days of being open, I had my first sale
 
Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: Right now it is a hobby but i would love to one day open my own business and make it full time, but I love and enjoy making candles.
 
What kind of items do you sell in your shop: Mason Jar Candles, wax melts, ice cream candles and so much more at very reasonable prices below retail store prices.
 
Your favorite item that you sell: My Mason Jar Candles are my best seller.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/244025147/pink-sugar-16-oz-mason-jar?ref=shop_home_active_8
Retails:($15.99)

 
Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: To Be able to open my own store one day !!!
 
Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: To be able to expand and be more creative and come up with new ideas that brings in more customers that want to buy my candles vs. going to retail stores.
 
What is something you want your future customers to kno about your shop: All of our candles burn 50% cleaner with less soot, burn evenly and cleaner and release no CO2 and are chemical free. They have a burn time of 35+ hours on our smaller candles. You will not be disappointed. You will find that our candles when you relight them smell the same as the first time that you burn them compared to the store brand candles. Our candles are made from soy beans, which is hydro-generated from a soy bean. Soy wax is much softer giving it a lower melting point and in turn, a stronger longer lasting scent from wall to wall.


This has got to be my favorite item that is in this shop. Cotton Candy is my favorite scent by far and I can just picture how amazing this smells. It's actually really hard to find this scent in general, I hope I get this chance to try this out someday!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/243887023/cotton-candy-wax-brittle?ref=shop_home_active_6
Retails:($7.99)