Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Seadbeady on Etsy! Interview :)



Name: Renata Feyen
 
Location: Belgium
 
Age: 52
 
Name of shop: Seadbeady
 
How'd you come up with the name of your shop: I work a lot with seed beads and I accidently spelled it wrong first and kinda liked it so I kept it like that :)
 
How long has your shop been open: It has been open since 2013 - but I realized then that my work wasn't good enough so I closed it again until march 2014 - took me 3 months to make my first sale
 
What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: My niece told me about Etsy and I really liked the thought that I would be selling worldwide
 
Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: It is a hobby but it has turned into a passion. Hardly a day goes by without me making my beadworks. I do spend from 2 to 5 or 6 hours on it in a day.
 
What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell necklaces, bracelets, earrings and brooches. Most of it made with small seed beads.
 
Your favorite item that you sell: That would have to be the Bargello. They are the most sold item in my shop and also on local markets. They take about 10 hours or more to make and most of them are with Swarovski crystal and some with gemstones.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/231109760/pink-crystal-necklace-with-swarovski?ref=shop_home_active_9&ga_search_query=Bargello
Retails:($39.63)


Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: So many things I could still want for - I would love to be on a magazine or featured on the Etsy blogs.
 
Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: My main plan is to get even more creative and get more out of my comfort zone. I already have made a few items like that - like my butterfly necklace. I am also always trying to improve the materials I work with. The more special items I can sell the better materials I can get. I have upgraded a lot already - I am now working with Miyuki and Toho - those are the best beads you can get for beadwork, and I started working with glass crystals and now am working with Swarovski crystals. I have bought more gemstones and am hoping to get even more expensive ones in the future.
 
What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: Everything in my shop is made by myself with special sewing thread for jewelry. I work with quality materials. I also love getting special requests.

My favorite item in this shop has got to be this bracelet, it's absolutely beautiful. I'm in love with the colors in this bracelet it reminds me a lot of Elsa from frozen.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/231929254/sodalite-bracelet-in-blue-with-sodalite?ref=shop_home_active_8
Retails:($32.84)


Check out her shop here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/Seadbeady?ref=shop_sugg