Monday, August 24, 2015

MySistersVanity on Etsy! Interview :)

Name: Marcy White
 
Location: Louisville, Ky
 
Age: 25
 
Name of shop: My Sister's Vanity
 
How'd you come up with the name of your shop: It was a random name I thought of. I am the first born and the jewelry I make, I imagine, would be the kind of jewelry my older sister would wear, if I had one. It would be the kind of jewelry she would have sitting out on her vanity.
 
How long has your shop been open: Since 2013
 
What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: I wanted something to call mine, and I already co-owned a pinback button business on Etsy, so I went ahead and opened one of my own.
 
Is this a hobby of yours or do you do this full time?: This is more than a hobby, but I wouldn't call it full time.
 
What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell handmade jewelry. I also make soaps, but I took them out to my shop in order to perfect them.
 
Your favorite item that you sell: A silver colored slider bracelet with silver- plated filigree beads. It just looks so elegant and I was proud that I actually made it.
Retails:($57.64)

Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: I would love to open my Etsy shop one day and see that I have had hundreds or thousands of unsolicited views.
 
Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: I plan on venturing into other kinds of accessories in the future.
If so what: Different kinds of pinback buttons, pocket mirrors, hair accessories, soaps, etc.
 
What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: It is a 100% vegan shop, so you can shop knowing that you will never purchase a piece of jewelry (or in the future, soap) made from real animal products.
 
She has a lot of beautiful pieces in her shop, it was hard to choose my favorite but I had to choose this simple beaded bracelet. It's simple and will go with a lot of different outfits. I am in love with this light pink color :)
Retails($5.59)
 
 
Make sure you check her shop out here: