Monday, August 24, 2015

KatieKutthroat on Etsy! Interview :)



Name: Katie (Weeks) Kutthroat
 
Location: North Hollywood, California
 
Age: 33
 
Name of shop: KatieKutthroat
 
How'd you come up with the name of your shop: it's a nickname I was given when I was 18, 15 years ago, by some good friends.
 
How long has your shop been open:  8 years
 
What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: my friends encouraged me cause they loved my products and we're giving them as gifts
 
Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: fluctuates. Summer time my "real" job gets busy, fall my crafts get busy.. It's a balancing act, for sure. I basically have no social life! 
 
What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell hand stitched items whether they are cross stitch or embroidery, some are NSFW but I censor them by Etsy's standards.
 
Your favorite item that you sell: I love anything Will Ferrell inspired and my tattoo flash embroideries! I probably like the embroideries more cause I'm more creative but the cross stitching sells more.
Retails($50.00)

 
Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: I think everyone wishes they could support themselves on what they love to do, that would be great! 
 
Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: I keep a list, that grows daily, of ideas.. If only my hands were faster! 
 
If so what: funny sayings and more tattoo flash. 
 
What is something you want your future customers to kno about your shop:
 

I also accept custom order requests if you can wait for production, I love making something personal for people.. It's really rewarding! 
 
My favorite item for this shop was really hard to choose. She makes so many great pieces and a lot of them that made me chuckle. This one I think has got to be my favorite just for the simple fact that this has so many details in it! She put so much time into this piece and it really shows, her work is incredible.
Retails:($45.00)

 
Make sure you check her shop out here: