Thursday, September 3, 2015

TangledRibbons On Folksy! Interview :)

Tangled Ribbons

Name: Jennie 

Location: Suffolk, England 

Age: 23

Name of shop: Tangled Ribbons

How'd you come up with the name of your shop: I used to write poetry as a teenager (I know, I know) and one line that I actually liked was something about 'tangled ribbons in windswept hair', so it comes from that. 

How long has your shop been open: Oh, about 3 or so years, I think!

What gave you the idea about opening a Folksy shop: Well after I left college I wasn't planning to do art at university and so I wanted an outlet for my creativity, as well as making a little bit of money as well. I found Folksy as the UK version of Etsy and thought I'd give it a try.

Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: A hobby at the moment, although I'd love for it to be full time in the future!

What kind of items do you sell in your shop: Mostly prints and hand painted cards, notebooks and wooden boxes. 

Your favorite item that you sell: It has to be the penguin pattern screen print, I get really happy every time someone buys one. 
Retails:($15.00)

 Free Postage - Penguins Screen Print
 Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: I'd like to have more of a connection between myself and my customers, which I'm definitely trying to forge on my facebook page and my blog whenever I have a moment. 

Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: Always! I have whole notebooks full of ideas. 

If so what: I want to do more screen prints (I have a mountain range one in the works), more paintings and I have so many ideas for Christmas decorations this year it's silly, so watch out for those!

What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: Everything in my shop is something that I genuinely loved creating, a lot of care has gone into each item, whether it's as small as a keyring or as big as a canvas. And if you have any queries, don't hesitate to ask! I do commissions as well, so if you have an idea then let me know and I'm sure we can work something out! :)

My favorite item in this shop has got to be This Miniature Vincent Van Gogh Painting. This is one of my favorite paintings of all time and I love how this one is a mini version of it, its really adorable and I really like it :)
Retails:($4.50)
Free Postage - Miniature Vincent Van Gogh Painting Notebook

Check the shop out here: