Monday, September 21, 2015

PirateKat'sBooty on Etsy! Interview :)

Name: Donna Day

Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Age: 46

Name of shop: Pirate Kat's Booty


How'd you come up with the name of your shop: Pirate Kat has been one of my nick names for a long time. Drawing on the pirate theme, “booty” seemed appropriate for a shop full of my treasures.

How long has your shop been open:  My shop has been open for two years.

What gave you the idea about opening an Etsy shop:I started making jewelry as gifts for friends and family. Every one told me the pieces were awesome and that I should do it professionally. I decided to make more pieces and give it a try on Etsy.

Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: I do this full time. This has been my job for the past two years.

What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell hand made jewelry and chain mail. I make everything from earrings to pet collars, bracelets, necklaces, key chains, bookmarks, and zipper pulls.

Your favorite item that you sell: Difficult question to answer. Right now I would have to say it is a tie between our new Chainmail Super heroes and the Fairy Earrings collection.
Retails:($30.00)
Batman Inspired Black Persian Style Chainmail Bracelet - Item Number 3052

Retails:($10.00)
Pink and Red Flower Fairy with Bow Wings Earring Set - Item Number 5283

Something you want to happen to your shop in the future:I think I want the same as every one else on Etsy, wider public recognition and higher, more consistent sales. It is difficult getting a small business established and takes approximately five years. I'm not that patient lol

Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: In the near future I will be expanding our Geek line, featuring jewelry made with game tokens, dice, toys, etc.

What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: I love doing custom work so if they see something that isn't quite perfect, just let me know! I am quite happy to make something uniquely “you”. I am also willing to make multiples of an item for an event, for example, if you need 8 “Frozen” bracelets for a birthday party or matching yet customized bridesmaids jewelry, I can work with you.

My favorite item in this shop is this necklace, leave it to me to find a Disney item in a shop lol. This necklace is made in a kid size, its super cute and i'm sure any little girl would love to wear this!

"Hot pink crackle glass beads and light pink gem shaped pink plastic beads accent this pretty bracelet with a Minnie Mouse charm. It measures 14cm in length flat with a 3cm adjustable length chain and end bells."

Retails:($8.00)
Pink Kid Sized Mini Mouse Bracelet - Item Number 2047
Check out the shop here:

No comments: