Wednesday, September 2, 2015

inkowl on Folksy! Interview :)

Terri Draws

Name: Terri sharp

Location: Leeds, UK

Age: 27 

Name of shop: inkowl 

How'd you come up with the name of your shop: It's quite an old name i used to use now, but it basically comes from; 1. my love of owls & 2. my love of tattoos!

How long has your shop been open: I initially opened in 2012, but i had a long hiatus and i've only recently decided to get it up & running again.

What gave you the idea about opening a folksy shop: I've always spend time drawing/ painting/ generally creating art work so i figured why not sell it as well? As cliched as it sounds, i don't do it for the money, i do it as a passion.

Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: I guess it's more of a hobby. I have a degree in graphic arts and i used to work in a tattoo studio, which is something i'd definitely like to go back to doing in the near future.

What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell mostly original canvas work, art prints, and the odd miscellaneous item; greeting cards, customized sneakers, that sort of thing. I'm quite heavily influenced by tattoos and tattoo art, so this is quite a common theme around my artwork.
Retails:($25.00)
Smile for the camera
Your favorite item that you sell: My art print 'smile for the camera' has created a lot of interest. I often see it floating around pinterest. It's definitely one of my favorites, it's one of the first i made which got me into the idea of selling my own art. Studying graphic arts meant a lot of the time you were drawing something for a specific reason with a certain product in mind. 'Smile for the camera' was one of the first drawing of mine which i created purely for enjoyment. Art should be about enjoyment and having fun in the process.

Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: More views and orders please ;) In all seriousness, i'm aiming to put a much bigger variety of items in there. Because ive only started up again it's looking a tad empty so bare with me!

Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: I have a large pile of drawings & paintings sat on my desk so i'm in the process of slowly adding these, either as art prints or some as originals, as well as more artwork in the making. I'm looking forward to creating more canvas work.

If so what:  I do a lot of tattoo flash pages so expect to see more of those popping up. & i'm currently working on some Marvel/DC comic style canvasses. I think my next project after this is going to be Disney themed. My head is full of so many ideas, but it's a shame there are only so many hours in a day.

What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: I'm always open to commissions and ideas in general. I've periously taken on portrait work, including pet portraits too, so feel free to get in touch.


My favorite piece of artwork for sale in this shop is this one, i'ts called "The Wolf". This is a beautiful painting, its painted on a canvas as well. It's such a beautiful piece of art. It reminds me a lot of the Twilight movies for some reason, she did an incredible job on this piece hands down. She used acrylic paint as well.
Retails:($30.00)

The wolf

Check out her shop here: https://folksy.com/shops/inkowl