Friday, August 21, 2015

SimplyOli on Etsy! Interview :)


Name: Olivia Reiman
 
Location: Tampa, FL
 
Age: 25
 
Name of shop: SimplyOli
 
How'd you come up with the name of your shop: I wanted something simple and easy to remember. That's when SimplyOli ended up popping in my head.

 
How long has your shop been open: My shop has been open since early February of this year.
 
What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: I have a daughter that is almost 2 now and really wanted to be able to make a living from home. I started working with metal stamping and ideas just kept coming which snowballed into all the the products you see today. Being a product photographer, it was kind of a dream come true being able to create these pieces and photograph them myself! As I started creating more and more items I really wanted a way to get them out there to a broad spectrum of people.
 
Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: It's not full time quite yet but it has definitely exceeded hobby level for me. Between having the shop online and attending markets/comic conventions it definitely feels more like a part time job and I love every minute of it!
 
What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell handcrafted land, sea, stone, oddity, and pop culture themed jewelry and keychains. All of my pop culture pieces are made from spoons. The other categories range from incorporating up cycled spoons, vials, and metal framework, while other are just resin based. So definitely a mix of different items.
 
Your favorite item that you sell: My favorites are probably the 3D pop culture pendants because they're so eye catching. The pictures just don't do them justice!
Retails:($18.00)

 
Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: I would definitely love to get more people to the shop and set up at more markets and conventions and really turn what I love doing into my full time job.
 
Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: Oh definitely! I'm always looking to try new things and improve what I already make. I just got some new tools so hopefully here in the next month or two I'll have a new line of products available!
 
If so what: I'm working on making some spoon handle rings with a SimplyOli twist along with some other things.
 
What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: I do custom orders! Not only for pop culture spoon pendants but I have also done custom orders similar to current items on the shop (I've done a wedding spoon pendant with flowers from the brides bouquet and lace from her dress). So if you have an idea just contact me! Also that you can find me on facebook.com/shopsimplyoli and on Instagram @shopsimplyoli

 
My favorite item for sale in this shop has got to be this 3D Ariel Pendent. This is absolutely beautiful and Ariel is my all time favorite :) I love how this is made on a spoon, it's so cool!




Check her shop out here: