Friday, August 14, 2015

FangirlCreation on Etsy! Interview :)

I had the chance to interview one of my favorite shops on Etsy. Her name is Brie and she owns FanGirlCreation
 
 
 
Name: My name is Brie Mitchell.
 
Location: I am based out of Clearwater, Fl.

Age: I am 25 years old.

Name of shop: Fangirl Creation

How'd you come up with the name of your shop: I have always been a "Fangirl" even before I really knew what the word meant and I wanted a name that really expressed the love I have for all things "geeky" ha.

How long has your shop been open: My shop just celebrated it's first birthday on July 14th and I am just blown away by the love and support it has gotten in that short amount of time.

What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: I always loved shopping on Etsy, so I guess the idea has always been in the back of my mind to start my own shop.

Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: I am actually a full time veterinary technician (nurse for animals) and I do that for about 9 to 10 hours a day and then come home and start working on Fangirl, so between the two they are each full time jobs, but I would not trade either of them for anything.

What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell mainly bows but I am actually in the middle of an expansion! So there will be more surprises to come soon!

Your favorite item that you sell: OMG. That is a hard question, I love all my bows so much! If I had to choose a few to name my favorites they would be 1. Belle from Beauty and the Beast - She has always been my favorite princess! 2. Harley Quinn - she is by far my favorite comic book character for her fun and absolutely insane nature (fun fact: she was my very first sale!) and 3. Tessa - from Clockwork Angel, She was my first real challenge because I couldn't look at a photo from a movie or tv show because she is from a book series. I am always so happy when someone gets one of my book bows because that to me means that I have done that character justice enough that someone else saw the same thing in their head when they thought of that character. Corny I know!
Retails: ($4.00)

 

Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: I would love for this to be my full time job, Its really more of a passion and I get to work with all sorts of wonderfully geeky people that make my heart happy!


Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future:

If so what: I think I might have covered this in a few other places but some surprising new items will be popping up soon (they're a secret but I know everyone will love them!) but for sure one day in the future I will be starting to design shirts!

What is something you want your future customers to kno about your shop: I will not put a bow (or any item) up on my shop until I am 100% sure that (to me at least) it does that character justice. I also value my quality over everything!
 
I had an extremely difficult time picking out on my favorite bows from her shop because there just all so beautiful but I decided i'd go with this Ariel one! This bow is so adorable and is packed with small details. Ariel is my favorite princess and I just love this bow!
Retails:($12.00)

 Make sure you check her shop out here :)