Saturday, August 29, 2015

DDesignsSoutache on Etsy! Interview :)


Name: Dominika Stachacka

Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom

Age: 35

Name of shop: DDesignsSoutache
How'd you come up with the name of your shop: I had a little brainstorm with my partner and we came up with the idea of “D Designs Soutache Jewelry” which is a full business name.

How long has your shop been open: I have been selling my items since end of 2014 on Facebook. Then I listed my items on www.goecostore.co.uk and finally I started selling on Etsy in early 2015.

What gave you the idea about opening an Etsy shop: I made a few items just for myself and shower them to some very experienced soutache makers and they were very happy with the high quality and attention to details and encouraged me to make more and sell. First I sold my Soutache jewelry to UK customers on Facebook but Soutache jewelry is very popular in the US, Canada and Europe and I wanted to reach those international clients. I am happy to post worldwide and Etsy in the best place to do so.

Is this a hobby of your or do you do this full time?: It started as a hobby but I am very passionate about my work and make something every day. I hope to turn it into a roper full time job

What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell soutache jewellery and accessories like hand bags with soutache decorations. I create my items using Soutache fabric braids and natural stones, natural pearls, Swarovski crystals and top quality beads.

Your favorite item that you sell: All my jewelry items are unique, one off items and it’s very difficult to pick up the favorite. Sometimes if I really like something I keep it I often make jewelry just for myself.

Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: I would love to find more customers and turn my hobby into a full time job.

Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: I have plenty of ideas and projects but soutache technique is incredibly time consuming and I wish I had more hands. I’m also learning new techniques.

If so what: I would like to concentrate on the wedding jewelry. I am also learning beading techniques and I am going to start using amazing shibori silk soon.

What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: I love making custom jewellery which is my favorite and my best seller. I love to create items together with the customer but I always add something special from myself. This is one of my favorite custom makes


My favorite item for sale in her shop has got to be this beautiful bracelet.
The colors  in this really pop, and stand out. The materials used to make this are really gorgeous.
I am a huge fan of this piece, and for the price its really worth it in my opinion.
Retails:($28.43)
Soutache Fuchsia Pink and Turquoise Blue Bracelet with Disco Beads