Saturday, August 29, 2015

BeBeautifulDesigns on Etsy! Interview :)

Name: Kayla Bittinger

Location: Cumberland, MD

Age: 27

Name of Shop: Be Beautiful Designs

How'd you come up with the name of your shop: As cliche as it may sound, the name just kind of came to me. Jewelry has the amazing ability to make people, women specifically, feel beutiful and feel good, and I wanted a name that conveyed that.

How long has your shop been open: My shop has been open since January of 2013, but I didn't really start investing time and effort into my shop until about March of 2014.

What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: I have always been an arts and craftsy type of person. I made myself a dress to wear to my uncle's wedding and couldn't find jewelry to match the beautiful fabric that I had used. I did, however, stumble upon a strand of stone beads that matched it perfectly, so I bought those, did I little DIY research, and made my own matching jewelry set. I received countless compliments, and soon began making more and more of my own jewelry. Ultimately, my mom suggested that I get a website and start selling my items online. After looking into it, Etsy seemed to be the best choice for me.

Is this a hobby of yours or do you do this full time: Honestly, a little bit of both. I absolutely treat this as a full time business, but it hasn't quite grown enough to allow me to quit my day job yet.

What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I sell all different kinds of jewelry, from beaded jewelry, to hemp, to sea glass, to faceted gemstones

Your favorite item that you sell: It's very difficult for me to choose just one item as my favorite, I love the faceted gemstone jewelry, and I love anything made with seashell or sea glass, but if I had to choose, I think my favorite would probably be my rough diamond bracelets.
Retails:($45.00)
Rough Pink Diamond Bracelet, Raw Natural Diamond Jewelry, Watermelon Tourmaline Gemstone Bracelet, Birthstone Bracelet, Pink Bracelet

Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: I would love to grow my shop to the point that I could focus on my business full time and not have to work another job.


Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: I would like to expand my product line to include not only semi-precious gemstones, but also precious gemstones (i.e. - diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds). I am currently in the process of making this happen.


What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: I would like them to know that not only do I offer fully customizable items, but I love making custom orders. I absolutely love when someone sees an item that I've created, and their creativity is inspired by that. I enjoy discussing their ideas with them,and being able to bring their ideas to life. That is the best feeling ever.

My favorite thing listed in this shop has got to be this gorgeous jewelry set. This set features 2 different pieces of jewelry, a pair of earrings, and a necklace as well. Both of these pieces are really sparkly and pretty! I love how these come as a pair, it makes it a lot eaiser! I also have a hard time tyring to pair up pieces of jewelry and this way the job is already done! For the prices this is a steal!!!!
Retails:($25.00)
Druzy Necklace, Druzy Earrings, Pink Druzy Set, Faux Druzy Necklace, Drusy Necklace, Pendant Necklace, Pink Jewelry Set, Chain Necklace

Make sure you check her shop out here: