Thursday, August 20, 2015

BrendaDeesigns on Etsy! Interview :)

 

Name: Brenda Diamant
 
Location: Long Island, New York
 
Age: 23
 
Name of shop: Brenda Deesigns
 

How'd you come up with the name of your shop: My Facebook name is Brenda Dee, and my neighbor actually thought of the name Brenda Deesigns. I figured it’s also a cute spin on the word “designs” and kind of ties in my name. So I ran with it. The name is also pretty generic so it gives me wiggle room to change up the products in my shop.
 
How long has your shop been open: I opened my shop on August 11, 2014, but I just started getting serious with it and promoting it more during the last few months.
 
What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: I started off with making jewelry and I wanted to sell it, and I knew Etsy was a good place for that. My shop has evolved since then.
 
Is this a hobby of yours or do you do this full time?It is kind of both for me. Creating has always been a hobby of mine, but my career is Fashion Design and sewing. I have a degree in Fashion Design. I would love for this to eventually give me a good side income.
 
What kind of items do you sell in your shop: I started my shop off with jewelry, and have since expanded to selling illustrations and pillows. I offer maternity illustrations on blank notecards that can be used for baby shower invitations, baby shower thank-you notes, and/or pregnancy or new baby announcements. If someone is interested in notecards but wants a different illustration, say for a wedding, I can do that. My most popular selling items though are my pillows. They are all hand embroidered. I do not use a machine. I like sewing and I love personalizing something special for someone, whether it be for a wedding, a new baby, or just as a decorative pillow with a special quote for the home.
 
Your favorite item that you sell: My favorite pillows are my baby announcement pillows and my wedding pillows. I love celebrating love and new babies!
Retails:($25.00)
Retails:($48.00)

 
 
Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: I want my shop to be successful. I want to expand on the types of pillows that I offer. I have many more ideas that will appeal to anyone, any occasion, and for any room of the house. I still consider my shop in the beginning stages, so I want it to grow and get many more sales. I also want to expand to selling at craft shows and other shops and boutiques. My ultimate goal in life as a Fashion Designer is to have my own business making custom dresses and gowns for women and girls. I want my Etsy shop to be an extension of my business.
 
Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: Yes
 
If so what: I want to make pillows for every season; for holidays; to honor people (such as cancer awareness), for weddings; for babies; for milestones in kids’ lives; and more.
 
What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: 
I work by myself. I do everything by myself. I take great pride in everything I make, and I put a lot of hard work and love into everything I make. My goal is always to make something that the customer will love and treasure forever. Anything and everything in my shop is customizeable. I love personalizing things for anyone. It makes me so happy to know that I am making something special for someone that they will treasure and love for a long time. Anyone can feel free to message me on my Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/BrendaDiamantDesigns, or at my Etsy shop, BrendaDeesigns.etsy.com

 
My favorite item for sale in this shop is a Disney item, of course lol. I love this pillow! Its so cute and adorable
https://www.etsy.com/listing/237182804/wedding-pillow-mr-and-mrs-pillow-wedding?ref=shop_home_active_12
Retails:($25.00)