Friday, March 11, 2016

Crafty Toucan Shop! Review

 
I have another exciting review for all of you today! This one is extra special because this has a St Patty's theme to it! I am very excited to share this product with you right before we get into St Patty's Day! This is my first St Patty's Day item I will be reviewing for all of you as well. The shop that sent me this item is called the Crafty Toucan Shop, which is on Etsy. I have worked with this shop before and I am super impressed with the quality of her products Cathy is super friendly and helpful when it comes to her shop so make sure you check out her shop....after you continue reading this review of course lol.
 
... I now apologize for the amount of times that I will say St Patrick's Day/ St Patty's Day in this review lol. Please bare with me.
 
 
The item that she sent me this time is this adorable bottle opener, which will be perfect for all the beer drinking that goes down on St Patrick's Day lol. I love how she combined the two into one piece. I think that was very clever of her to do so. Not only is the piece super functional and handy it also adds a lot of décor to the room. I love how simple this piece is, but it really does add a lot of jazz! I placed this on my counter and I am surprised with how much I love this. I am going to be so sad when I have to pack this away after St Patrick's Day, but it will for sure give me something to look forward to till next year and that's for sure.
 
Retails:($49.99)

 
Let me get into the full description of this item next for all of you. She made this bottle opener with a piece of wood that she painted this gorgeous green color. It's not a super loud green, which is what I like. This is perfect because I'm not a huge fan of that typical St Patty's Day color. This color is much more bearable for me lol. On top of this green board she burned this design into the board. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with wood burning. I know I have heard of it before but I never really learned anything about it, or have ever seen  finished product of one either. I never realized how cool these pieces could be until now.

 
The design she chose is just perfect. It really does scream St Patty's Day and I just love it. I love how the design that she chose not only has an actual character on it, it also contains some St Patty phrases. She did such an incredible job at burning this design into the wood. It really does look perfect. I don't see any flaws in the design either which is really impressive to me. I'm sure this is a very long and tedious process to do, but she really blew this one away.
 
On top on the board she attached a bottle opener. I love the one she chose for this board, it has a sort of rustic feel to it. It looks rusty, and it just looks unique. This really makes the color pop against the green board. I love the contrast of these two colors together. They really do look amazing together.

 
This is such a simple idea but I absolutely adore it. It is such a hit in my house and I cant believe how much we are really using it. It's super helpful and really cute as well... which is important. I love how versatile it is as well. You could easily hang this on the wall of have in your counter. I currently have this sitting on top of my kitchen counter and have it leaning against the wall.

 
I want to thank Cathy for sending me this to review. I highly recommend checking this shop out, and if you are interested in a piece like this contact Cathy it might be too late to get a St Patty's Day one but she makes other custom pieces an who knows maybe you can get one for the next Holiday that is approaching....lets face it, it will be here before we know it!
 

No comments: