Friday, August 14, 2015

PrettySweetCrochet on Etsy! Interview :)

I had the chance to interview the shop owner of PrettySweetCrochet
 
 
Name: Claire Newman
 
Location: Cheltenham, UK
 
Age: 31
 
Name of shop: Pretty Sweet Crochet
 
How'd you come up with the name of your shop: I used to love baking & decorating cakes & friends would tell me to sell them. However it wasn't something I wanted to get into but if I did I would of used the the name Pretty Sweet (they looked pretty & tasted sweet). Then I got into crochet & started making cakes so figured the name would work.
 
How long has your shop been open: I opened on the 7th May so only about 3 months.
 
What gave you the idea about opening an etsy shop: I'd been crocheting various items for while & was being told I should sell them. A friend of mine had a shop & encouraged me to open one too. I had the shop/account for while before being able to stock it & get it open.
 
Is this a hobby of yours or do you do this full time?: I actually work full time in retail so mostly a hobby though at times it's like an evening job. Crochet helps me deal with the stress of work & has done wonders for my anxiety. 
 
What kind of items do you sell in your shop: crocheted cakes, tarts, donuts & other sweet treats.
 
Your favorite item that you sell: currently it's a toss up between the large donuts & fruit tarts.
Retails:($8.01)
Retails:($12.01)
 
Something you want to happen to your shop in the future: mostly to get a steady run of orders to keep doing something I love. I've also joined with a new site that work with sellers specializing in handcrafted goods for babies & children called www.createdbymagic.com so I'd love for that to take off too.
 
Do you have any plans for your shop products in the future: yes! I do!
 
If so what: at the moment I'm working  on a 'design your own donut' listing where you choose your icing & sprinkles to fit what you wish. I will soon be starting on a range of Christmas ornaments too. 
 
What is something you want your future customers to know about your shop: Everything I make is handcrafted with detail & having worked in retail for so many years customer satisfaction is my aim. Custom orders are certainly accepted so feel free to message me!
 
 
My favorite item from this shop has got to be these adorable donuts! There super cute, they look really small and come in a group of 4 which is really cool!
Retails:($8.01)
 
Make sure you check her shop out here: